Being positive is all about perspective. It’s the ‘half-full’ – ‘half-empty’ principle. It’s your choice to be a positive or negative person. And you reap its benefits or consequences accordingly.
Here are ten reasons why we got to be positive.
01. Improves self-image. What you think about yourself is more important than what others think about you. While negativity creates a destructive self-image, being positive creates a healthy self-image.
02. Enriches relationships. Joyce Meyer says folks who are hurt tend to hurt others. The opposite is also true. When a person is optimistic and full of hope, he or she tends to treat others the same!
03. Develops positive culture. Culture matters. It is the soil where things grow and produce. Negative people create a negative culture. But positive people always work to create a positive culture.
04. Increases health. Modern medical research has found an integral bond between mind and body. Positive people tend to fall sick far less than negative people. One reason is that positive thinking and actions create a healthy atmosphere around them while negativity creates an unhealthy atmosphere.
05. Releases hope. Hope is a major ingredient for successful living. No major accomplishments can be made without hope. Positivity releases hope for a better living.
06. Breaks stress. Today stress is one of the top five sickness developers. Stress is closely connected to negativity. But positive people are moved by hope in the goodness of God as well as all that’s around them. And that breaks stress.
07. Creates momentum. Since positivity has hope for the future, it creates momentum. It never runs on dry engine!
08. Empowers better assessment. Only positive people can evaluate well and arrive at sound conclusion. While negativity provides a clouded conclusion, being positive helps to assess matters rightly.
09. Creates affirming vocabulary. Negative talk is a possibility killer. Positive people break negative talk and speak positive affirmations. And it creates wonders!
10. Releases forgiveness. Unforgiveness is a trademark of negative people. Positive-minded people forgive others and go on their way. They do not get stuck on their lives about minor decisions.
© Joe Abraham. www.joeandancy.com. November 26, 2012.
Image courtesy: photostock / freedigitalphotos.net